I have lots of plain gift bags in my stash, but I have a hard time decorating them and then liking how they look. (Click on the picture to see a close-up.)
We made this gift bag with card and card holder at Club last week. Lots of fun things going on for this project! First--the card holder:
We started with a strip of Real Red Coredinations cardstock that was cut at 5 1/2 x 2. It fits perfectly into the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, so we punched both ends. Then we cut a line from tag hole to tag hole--I used a paper cutter, because that's the only way I can approximate a straight line. :-) Decorate tag and adhere the TOP ONLY to a gift bag. It's a perfect way to display your gorgeous card and decorate the gift bag all at once!
The arrow die cuts are from the Label Flip Card Thinlit set, but you could use a stamp or any embellishment that suits your project.
Later this week, I'll show you how we made the darling bow (hint: with the fabulous Envelope Punch Board!) and the rest of the card.
Click below to view or purchase products used to make this project:
- Perfect Pennants [english, clear]
- Brights Core'dinations Cardstock
- Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack
- Red Glimmer Paper
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Pool Party 8-1/2 X 11 Card Stock
- Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine
- Banners Framelits Dies
- Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
- Small Heart Punch
- Envelope Punch Board
- Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents
- Scallops Textured Impressions Embossing Folder