Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

Birch paper with leaves

I admit it: I've been hoarding the Birch Paper that comes in the Thankful Tablescape kit (133463)! It's really the main reason I ordered the kit anyway, and I've been mulling over what to actually *do* with it for months. You get a roll with 3 one-yard pieces of the paper. It's about 5 inches wide and is similar to wallpaper without the heavy backing. And it has TEXTURE! I'm a touchy-feely crafter, and it's lovely to run my hands across this paper. I could pet it for hours.

We made this card at Club last week--it's pretty simple, as you can see. I wanted the texture of the paper to really be a focal point. The leaves are cut from Sweater Weather DSP and sponged with Chocolate Chip. The Gold is from the new Gold Foil sheets in the Holiday Catalog, and the brown stripe is cut from the "paper ribbon" that also comes in the Thankful Tablescape kit.

Paper: Island Indigo, Sweater Weather, Gold Foil
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Thankful Tablescape Kit, Autumn Accents Bigz die, Big Shot, Naturals buttons, Linen Thread

No comments: