Wednesday, August 9, 2017
Many commercial granolas are full of sugar! If you are looking for a healthy alternative, try my FREE granola recipe! You can change it to suit your tastes, but in my experience, it's helpful to have a place to start. You can add oats to make it go further, if you like.
I shared this recipe on Facebook last week, and it was a hit! If you don't already, follow my AskAmyASEA Facebook page!
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup raw cashews
(substitute any of your favorite nuts)
1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
½ cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
½ cup flax seed meal
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup water
½ cup healthy oil (I use coconut)
1/4 cup honey, stevia, or healthy sweetener as desired
1. Preheat oven to 325. Cover jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
2. Roughly chop nuts.
3. Melt coconut oil and add Stevia.
4. Combine nuts, coconut, seeds, and salt. Then add water and mix with hands. Add coconut oil and sweetener mixer and mix well.
5. Turn out onto baking sheet and press into an even layer. Taste for sweetness and adjust as desired.
6. Bake for a total of 30-35 minutes. At 10 minutes, stir with spoon and press back down into even layer. Continue baking until fragrant and lightly browned.
7. Let cool completely in pan. Granola will turn crisper as it cools. Store in sealed container.
Makes about 6 cups. (I usually double it.)