Translate

Monday, May 4, 2015

Coastal Cabana Butterflies

As with so many cards lately, this was not what I set out to make. But I still like it! I used 3 layers of butterfly cutouts--one from Basic Black, one from Coastal Cabana cardstock, and one from the Coastal Cabana polka dot print in the 2013-15 In Color DSP Stack.

The sentiment is cut with one of my favorite dies--the banner from the Gift Card Envelope Thinlit set. It fits so many sayings just perfectly! The background layer is from the Stacked with Love DSP stack, and I put a layer of Basic Black behind it to give it a frame against the white base.

Notice the black pearls? I colored them with a Sharpie! I felt like that little bit of black pulled the whole card together.

**********************
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Coastal Cabana, 2013-15 In Color DSP Stack, Stacked with Love DSP
Ink: Coastal Cabana
Accessories: Butterflies Thinlits, Gift Card Envelope Thinlits, pearls, black marker

No comments: