Translate

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Open Sea


This is my card for the Stampin' Addicts Summer Mini swap. I love all things nautical, and I'm so excited we'll have the Nautical Expedition papers and Open Sea stamps for the summer!

I stamped the ship image in Early Espresso ink on an oversized Naturals White cardstock. Then I tore around the image and inked it in more Espresso. I used the handle of a small paintbrush to roll the edges--I was going for an "old map" kind of look.

The DSP is Nautical Expedition--beautiful colors for Father's Day, which is coming up faster than you think! I used Jumbo eyelets and the new Baker's Twine--in Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso--to finish off my main image. The background is stamped with the ship's log image.

Check back tomorrow for the Stampin' Addicts Summer Mini Blog Hop. As always, these stampers have some brilliant ideas for you!



****************************************
Stamps: Open Sea
Paper: Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Naturals White, Nautical Expedition DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Crop-a-dile, Jumbo Brads, Baker's Twine Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooOOOO, Amy, I looove this. . . .it's like a shred of vintage parchment just happened to blow onto your card.

Perfectly stamped, of course.