Translate

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I've been swapping!



I live for symmetry. Seriously. I have to really concentrate to do "random" stamping! And normally, symmetry does not make for great card design. But in this case, I just couldn't make the card do anything else! I think it looks like a Christmas present! (My kids are getting the Wii for Christmas--don't tell them.) Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

Anyway, this is my contribution to the Convention Quality Swap #5, hosted by Lyssa. I love the fact that the Top Note die matches the Curly Label punch and stamp set! To make the texture on the Kiwi Kiss Top Note, I used crumpled up wax paper dabbed on the ink pad and then on the paper. The wrinkly-er, the better! The top blue layers are popped up on dimensionals to give it a little more depth. Oh, and I sponged ink on the bottom layers of Pacific Point and Baja Breeze, too!

Stamps: Cute and Curly
Paper: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Die, White Taffeta ribbon, Baja Breeze 5/8" striped grosgrain, Curly Label Punch, dimensionals, stampin sponge

4 comments:

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Lovely card and cool technique Amy! Great job!!

Lisa said...

Oooooo..... SO pretty, Amy!!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is so pretty, Amy!

Tandra said...

So the kids dont read your blog, Amy?? LOL
Great card! LOVE the texture on the Kiwi piece!