Translate

Monday, August 18, 2008

The boy loves his Froot Loops


Getting 6 kids going in the morning can be--complicated. {laugh} Danny woke up cranky as usual, but when he discovered that someone else had eaten the last of the Froot Loops, he had a meltdown. He's quite the charmer when he's happy, but if he's cranky LOOK OUT! I guess that's like most of us, right?

When we took a trip this past summer, I bought one of those multi-packs of cold cereal as a treat. My girls and I decided the boxes would make adorable mini notebooks, so the cut down boxes have been living in my craft room for awhile. I used my Carl cutter to slice up a whole bunch of printer paper, and my sweet little Bind-It-All helped me make this notebook in about 5 minutes! Problem solved! Just call me Super Mom! {giggle} I told him he had to let me take a picture of the notebook, but he wanted to be in it. He told me, "Mom, you're good!" So I think I'll make it through another day.

Here's a close up (without the adorable boy).

The notebook is only about 4 1/2" x 2 1/2"! I used a 7/8" BIA wire.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I totally understand about kids and mornings!!!! Love the notebook idea - another use for my BIA.

Tandra said...

Amy thats just DA' BOMB in the cuteness factor!!!
I love it!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, you win Best Mom of the Week award! What a cute notebook. What kind of happy thoughts did your grumpy young man write in it?

Laura said...

That is so cool!!!!!!!! What a wonderful memory you have made for your son!!! I am looking into getting one of these and this is one of the best uses I have seen. So sweet!

Renee Ondrajka said...

What a great idea. Now why didn't I think of that? LOL

Bridgett Owens said...

I have had my BIA for a few weeks now and never even took it out of the box. I just took a Zutter class at my LSS and your idea immediately popped into my head! Now I can take your idea out of my bookmarks and make it happen! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Bridgett Owens said...

>http://hoosierstamper.blogspot.com/2008/11/fall-fun.html< Here is the link to my blog with the notebooks I made! Thank you, again, for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Bridgett